As Asset Engineer, you will be part of our Manufacturing department for Philip Morris Manufacturing & Technology Bologna and will report to the Supervisor Process Support. The position will be based in Crespellano, Bologna.
A key responsibility will be to plan and manage assets in a cost effective way, ensuring optimal equipment availability and reliability through assets’ life cycle by developing and implementing of proper maintenance strategies, procedures and routines with focus to assets and maintenance performance.
The Asset Engineer will develop and/or improve proactive and cost effective maintenance strategy based on suitable techniques and procedures. In addition, he/she will modify and keep them up to date to further improve equipment availability, reliability, maintainability and safety as well as contribution to product quality. Finally, you will analyze most frequent machine downtime and develop substantial solutions against root causes to eliminate, or drastically reduce machine downtime in order to bring about overall productivity improvements.
Specific responsibilities include:
• Challenge maintenance planning and scheduling in order to increase the ratio of proactive (planned) work versus reactive (unplanned) work, to fulfill production plan and to ensure that it is implemented timely and properly and carried out in full compliance with the customer needs, safety norms, and quality requirements and cost objectives. Follow-up machine standardization plan link to process improvements and kip it update.
• Work out and budget annual maintenance plans in conjunction with maintenance supervisors and production manager and ensure proper and timely implementation of these plans.
• Review reliability of existing equipment that is difficult, costly or safety risky to maintain and recommend appropriate action. Identify opportunities for design out maintenance activities where conventional reliability and maintenance activities are not cost effective.
• Define spare parts requirements estimation and min-max level of spare part stock for all equipment.
• Assist spare parts, consumables, small equipment budget preparation.
• Ensure that spare parts consumption is in correlation with the approved budget.
• Clarify technical aspects with suppliers related spare parts and materials.
• Participate in the process of scouting new suppliers, in order to identify potential improvements in terms of cost and quality.
• Ensure coordination between production and engineering department for the preparation of technical specifications in case of new machinery purchase. Review and authorize the documentation link to new machinery purchase to ensure it meets best practices needed for equipment, work ergonomics and business.
• Ensure adequate production resources and supervise it for installation and commissioning of new machinery until it is handed-over to production.
• Ensure and update the asset register for equipment.
• Integrate new equipment, pursue necessary risk assessments, and provide input for preparation of related documentation in order to fully comply with legislation and internal procedures.
• Ensure all machine documentation are updated and available.
• Initiate technical development and / or lead / participate in projects in order to improve safety conditions, quality and more effective use of equipment, spare parts and consumables, both at local/regional level.
• Find technical solution, implement and monitor proposed improvements related to equipment.
• Actively participate in continuous improvements decision process, in line with Change Management procedure.
• Promote and apply all rules concerning PMI Quality, environment, health and safety. Report all situations requiring actions in order to minimize or eliminate risks exposure to personnel, company assets and societal impacts and be in line with or ahead of any applicable Law requirements and Company standards.
Who we’re looking for
• Bachelor or Master degree in Mechanical/Electronics Engineering
• Minimum 2 years’ experience in Production in multinational companies
• Proven experience in asset management
• Communication and Presentation skills
• Customer focus and action oriented personality with drive for results attitude and priority setting capability
• Advanced MS Office user
• Fluent in English and Italian both written and spoken