LivaNova transforms technology into meaningful solutions by investing in product innovation that improves patient outcomes and is global, accessible, relevant, and breakthrough. LivaNova’s business units – Cardiac Surgery (CS) and Neuromodulation (NM) – have the people, skills and drive to embrace new technologies and explore opportunities that advance patient care across the globe.
Our Saluggia site is the biggest plant in the Vercelli area. In addition to LivaNova, other leading companies in the biotechnology field are based here. LivaNova’s headcount in the Saluggia plant includes more than 600 employees working in the therapeutic area of Cardiac Surgery.
Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager at the Saluggia Plant, the Process Engineer will ensure the process control, the validation, the maintenance and the continuous improvement of the production and quality control processes in the Heart Valves Industrial Area, with special focus on Coating department.
Main activities and responsibilities will be as follows:
- ENSURE the process control, the validation, the maintenance and the continuous improvement of the processes necessary for the manufacturing and quality control of the components and the products of the Heart Valves Industrial Area.
- ENSURE constant support to maintain and improve the quality of processes actively supporting the activities arising from Quality Issue and CAPAs .
- COLLABORATE with Production Managers of the Heart Valves Industrial Area for the achievement of production and quality targets .
- CONTRIBUTE to develop and update the procedures and production documents, ensuring to comply with quality standards according to the internal QMS and participating in training activities of production and quality control operators.
- COLLABORATE with the Equipment Development, Maintenance and Calibration department for the definition of maintenance and calibration plans and for develop and improve the production and quality control equipment.
- PARTECIPATE in cross-functional project teams to guide and support the implementation of strategic projects of the Heart Valves Industrial Area to guarantee the achievement of the productivity and quality targets.
The ideal candidate should have:
- Chemical Engineering or Industrial Chemistry;
- At least 2/3 years of experience in similar role;
- Knowledge of industrial chemistry applied to production plants;
- Knowledge of electronic and sensors;
- Understanding technical and quality aspects for the manufacturing of high-tech and high reliability products;
- Knowledge of technical drawings and dimensional measuring methods;
- Basic knowledge of technical-scientific software applications; Knowledge of statistical analysis and problem solving methodology;
- Focused on target achievement;
- Proactive approach & Team Working;
- Good communication skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office suite;
- Fluency in English which is mandatory