Within the Industrial Air Engineering department we have a vacancy for a designer in the team responsible for the product development of oil-injected compressors.
You work in a team on the realization of new products and on the optimization of existing products. You work out the complete design of the different products together with the project leader. Specific attention goes to design for optimal cost, design for integral quality and design for optimal flow. In addition, together with your team, you further develop the specific competence and the design rules around these machines.
Your main tasks and responsibilities consist of:
- make design proposals in line with the specifications and requirements described in master specifications
- creating conceptual layouts in 3D; creating 2D technical drawings with tolerances
- create the necessary parts lists and keep them up to date
- elaborate functional specifications for the various components
- Prepare DN and release final design
- consultation with suppliers for the selection of parts / technical applications
- optimization of the cost and design of parts in consultation with the supplier
- ordering prototype items and following up with the supplier
- follow-up of prototype construction and processing the feedback
- preparation in connection with instructions for assembly and test
- supporting the production flow teams
- investigate field complaints and propose technical solutions
- participation in project team meetings
Experience in the 3D design of machine via CAD systems is an advantage.
Good knowledge of English
Easy with IT tools such as BPCS, Lotus Notes, Excel, Word.
Technical insight, also to feasibility, cost and quality
Willing to learn Dutch
You are result-oriented: you commit yourself to targets and you stick to it during implementation.
You apply your own function-related specialist and detailed technical expertise and knowledge to achieve your goals.
You analyze and use your common sense. You discover key causes of problems using facts, figures and logical reasoning. You think up multiple solutions and determine the best by weighing up the advantages and disadvantages.
You make efficient use of your time and resources to achieve your goals. You set priorities on the basis of importance and urgency.